DeltonaChat.com

A place to chat all things Deltona, 100% FREE OF SPAM BOTS!
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

While free speech & expression are encouraged & supported here, posts will not be tolerated that are false or unsubstantiated and are also potentially damaging to other people or entities.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:39 am 

Deltona resident since: 2002
Quote:
Developer plans Dunkin' Donuts near Deltona High
By MARK HARPER, Staff writer

DELTONA -- City commissioners, reflecting what they hear daily from residents, say they want more restaurants and retail stores throughout Deltona, but particularly in the northwest quadrant near the Interstate 4-Howland Boulevard interchange.

And along comes Dunkin' Donuts.

A developer will ask commissioners Monday night to rezone land to build a restaurant with limited seating and a drive-through window across from Deltona High School and fronting the Arbor Ridge subdivision at Roseapple Avenue. The business would serve not only baked goods and coffee, but Baskin Robbins ice cream, as well.

The location is a right-hand turn for motorists headed west on Howland toward I-4 every morning. Some 27,000 vehicles pass by that spot every day, Florida Department of Transportation records show.

There are no other restaurants within a mile radius of that I-4 interchange.

"Deltona is an under-served area that needs more businesses and restaurants," said Gary Heckel, the applicant.

Heckel, a onetime president of the Bahama Breeze restaurant chain and a former vice president at Dunkin' Donuts, now owns three other Dunkin' Donuts, two in his home city of Palm Coast and one in Daytona Beach.

Full story:
http://www.news-journalonline.com/news/ ... -high.html